posted to rec.boats.building
noexpert

Default what capacity plasma cutter is recommended for metal boat construction ?

I would have pieces precut as per design files by steel supplier. Lasercut
etc
Too much work and not precise enough DIY.
For some leftover and trim work a 50A even a 40A Cutter or less can do.
Just watch duty cicle and allow for cooldown.
Watch your coolingfan; don't accidentaly plug or obstruct it. Know from
experience!

"Brian D" wrote in message
. ..
...but copy us on the answer. I was interested as well.

Brian

"sunner" wrote in message

"Courtney Thomas" wrote in message
k.net...
I've been looking at various cutters and would appreciate guidance as to
the minimum cutter that would be suitable for building a steel sailboat
of no more than 35' loa.

I've little experience with plasma cutters and don't want to make the
mistake of buying too little or too much :-)

Additionally what features are essential for satisfactory use in the
above named project ?

Gratefully,

Courtney

I'd take this next door to sci.engr.joining.welding for the 'experts
opinion'