chuck

Default 220 and 110 for cruising boats

Dick Locke wrote:
On 18 Jun 2006 01:37:17 -0700, "Terry" wrote:

I am in the process of getting a 220 boat. I am thinking that if it
takes it takes two phases to make 220 for boat wiring then I can run a
separate pair from the neutral and one phase and make that into 110 for
the boat. I can then install both 220 and 110 plugs on the vessel.
Would like to know if anybody can critique me on this as I am not 100
percent sure.

I have a boat that was originally owned by a European who lived in
Hong Kong and took it to Europe for a while. When it came to the US,
the previous owner added a 240-120 stepdown transformer and added US

SNIP

Keep in mind that not all step-down
transformers provide isolation. Some are
simple auto-transformers.

Chuck