posted to rec.boats.building
Drew Dalgleish

Default 'Fridge/Icebox Pink or Blue Insulation - WTB?

LOL great story sorry I wasn't more help

wrote:

Plenty of Home Depots in So Cal, and in fact the Ownes Corning web site
has a "find a location to purchase" tab at which one inputs one's zip
code, and it replies with locations within 'X' number of miles that
alegedly carry the 'Foamular' product.

Turns out that O.C. thinks the H.D. on Sunset Blvd in Hollywood carries
Foamular.
I took the bait.

Now, visiting the H.D. in Hollywod is, in every sense a world-class
experience. If you're not familiar with Hollywood, put every thought
of glitz and glamor, movie stars and refined elegance out of your mind.
H'wood in the 21st Century is alternately funky, seedy, worn out, worn
down and 'alternative' (as in "lifestyle"). English is definately not
the first language, and likely barely makes the top 5. Purple is a
standard hair color.
Tatoos and multiple body piercings are de reguier. And yet - for some
reason - this H.D. (out of perhaps 1500 in So Cal) was purportedly
gifted with stocking Foamular... [maybe its pink color had something to
do with it...?]

So, I went. Lots of insulation, no Foamular. I asked a 'you can do
it, we can help' clerk "Do you stock the Pink Stuff?" while pointing to
the white styrofoam. "Yes" was his (?) reply "Where do you keep it?"
"Yes" . "Is there anyone else who can help me find it?" "Yes."

I gave up, and though I'd impose on you'all for help...

MW

+++
Drew Dalgleish wrote:
do they have home depot stores down there? It's sold for house
sheathing in cold places also available in 2'x8' shiplap size