posted to rec.boats.electronics
Lee Haefele

Default HELP Furuno radar not working model 1830

Check the video cable if there is a junction block inline with cable (like a
sailboat has at bottom of mast). The shielded video wire has a very fine
center conductor that likes to break at junction blocks.
Lee Haefele
Nauticat 33 Alesto
"Lynn Coffelt" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
Can anyone help. My radar seems to be working OK but I get no
targets, Not even land. What should I check ???

One common situation on the 1830 was (is) caused by turning the "A/C
SEA" control "up" (or clockwise) and effectively eliminating close-in
targets. This is the center knob of the three at the top of the control
panel. Make sure the knob is in the "out" position too..... that is, not
pushed "in".... (sort of a dual function knob)
This is a simple tip, and certainly does not replace the good advice
from Bruce from Alaska!
Old Chief Lynn (and ex Furuno repairman)