posted to rec.boats.electronics
Bruce in Alaska

Default HELP Furuno radar not working model 1830

In article .com,
" wrote:

Can anyone help. My radar seems to be working OK but I get no
targets, Not even land. What should I check ???

When you turn up the "Gain" all the way do you get "sparkles"?
When you adjust the "Tune" do very faint images deisplay with
the "Gain" all the way up?

If Yes, to Question One, and No to Question Two then you probubly lost
the Magnitron or Modulator, and it is going to cost you $350+ to get
a tech to install a new one.

If No, to Question One, and No to Question Two, then you MAY have a
broken Video Coax Connection coming from the antenna to the display.

If No, to Question One, and Yes, to Question Two, then you MAY have
a smoked MMIC, and that is going to cost you a $500+ to have a tech
replace.

In any case, you really should have a "Qualified Marine Radar Tech"
come out and look at the radar.

Bruce in alaska who used to do this for a living........now just...
reTIRED......
--
add a 2 before @