Bob

Default Marina Etiquette

Rosalie B. wrote:

I doubt very much if the live end falling in the water is really a
hazard to the sunset watcher.

As a parent, although daughter just graduated from HS, of a small kid
say 0-18 years old I get really protective when it comes to my kid
getting killed because of (1) some Libertarian Don't Tread On Me sob
and (2) some knuckle head who doesn't know ****.

Why would they not just pull up the
cord from the end on the dock (where it will still be because it is
screwed down to the dock - right)?

Yea right, and my 12 year old scrambling around the dock has the
insight to put that scenario together?

Why go into the water after it?

Swimmers, working divers, reach down to wash hands off. Have you ever
worked with kids or the general public? Ever wonder why people get
washed off rocks, rolled over and crushed by logs on the beach in the
PNW, or marry the Bitch or Jerk from hell: Judgment. Hazard recognition
aint in their brain. Please don't tell me that you are so wise you
never made a mistake? Ever stub your toe or get a sunburn? Gee, I guess
you should have known better.

And if they do - well it's something to report to the Darwin people.

When it comes to the safety of your grand children I think you would be
saying something else.

In any case, unscrewing the breaker box and unplugging the cord was
sufficient.

I would say required of any normal person........ plus leave a message.

There are some things that are just plain wrong.

grandma Rosalie
"Use your own judgment and then do as I say"

Try this next time you see the cord person: "Hey stupid ****. If that
goes in the water and my kid gets zapped I am going to own your boat,
house, and your balls!"

Dad tired of idiots trying to kill my kid Bob