James

Default Vacuum Gauge for Gasoline Fuel Filter Recommended? And How?

Gas is much more dangerous than diesel so having extra lines running around
that can potettially fill with gas or gas vapors is a bad idea. Pour a
little diesel fuel on the ground and you'll need to work a little to light
it with a match. Pour a little gas on the ground and it's go up before you
even get the match all the way to it.

wrote in message
oups.com...
I would like to know if this is recommended to add a vacuum gauge to
the outlet side of a fuel filter. I come across an article about
installing a vacuum gauge to check if the fuel filter is clogged or
not. This sounds good. But the vacuum gauge that is being sold in
place like West Marine or Boater World is supposed to be for diesel
only. This makes me wonder if this device is only good for boats that
have diesel engine and is not very useful for gasoline outboards. Any
idea about whether this device is good for gasoline outboard motor?
Thanks.

Where can I find a vacuum gauge that is suitable for a gasoline
outboard motor? What kind of fittings do I need? Do I need a
T-fitting? Should it be mounted with the whole thing exposed or should
it be mounted flushed with the surface of a panel or something? Thanks
in advance for any info.

Jay Chan