Gould 0738

Default OT (historical) Day of Pride for *all* Americans

Personally, Chuck, I refrained from comment because I felt it would just
open the subject to snide deprecation from those so inclined.

That would be tragic.

We may disagree about the best course for America to take into the future, and
we may disagree about whether current policies or leaders are as effective as
they might be. America is a big place, there is room for more than a single
opinion. Most people, whether liberal, moderate, or conservative truly want to
see
a just, equitable, prosperous, and free America. We disagree, often vehemently,
on the best means for achieving it.

Few people would be critical of the founding patriots. Collectively, we surely
enjoy more advantages in the US than any people in the history of the world.
There's nothing wrong with putting aside political
manure-flinging long enough to recognize the contributions, joys, and
sacrifices of the generations that created the society we enjoy today. May we,
collectively, leave a better society in turn for our kids and grandkids to
enjoy...now, if we could just agree on how to go about it..... :-)