Duncan D. Sterling

Default Anyone Running Marinized Mazda Rotary?

Howdy,

I've been reading about the marinized Mazda 13b
(rotary/wankel) engines sold by Rotary Power Marine.

(http://www.rotarypowermarine.com)

It seems they offer both a 175 HP (normally
aspirated) and 240 HP (supercharged) models.

Has anyone here had any experience with these?

I know that technically speaking, any engineering
problems with the rotary (seals) were solved by the
mid 70s so reliability (provided that you maintain
them properly) should be good.

In theory, with the weight reduction over a standard
Mercruiser or Volvo V8, you should do better on fuel
consumption and performance since you're dropping about
500 pounds of engine weight with the rotary.

Thoughts? Comments? "I hate rotary engine" rants?

Flames? :-)

--Duncan