AlexE

Default Prop choice: 12 or 13

Hi
I have a Tohatsu 40c (2 cyl) that now has a Tohatsu 10½ x 12 aluminum
prop. The motor turns about 6000-6100 at full throttle (max allowed
5800). If i buy a stainless steel prop (I was thinking of a Michigan
Wheel Rapture), should I get a 12 or 13 pitch? Someone told me that in a
case like this, if the revs are slightly high, get a stainless prop with
the same pitch as the alu prop, that'll take some rpm off, presumably
because the alu prop flexes ever so slightly and the steel does not. The
boat is 14 ft and weighs about 350+ kg including me. Comments? Suggestions?
Rgds
Alex