posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising
Bill Kearney

Default Bad day at the office

I'm impressed the Mys Terry rides (or rode) stand-up's....that's a
skill (that I will almost surely never have!) that some of you
sailboaters, whose skills I also admire and respect, should
appreciate....something that requires dedication, practice,
athleticism, balance and coordination.

And when you're 6'4" at 220lbs it's no mean feat! It takes a *considerable*
amount of arm and torso strength necessary to haul oneself up into a
standing position!

The fact that you say a
jellyfish incident scared you away from them forever seems kinda wacky
though, it's not like that would happen all the time!

Eh, it had more to do with it not being my jetski than anything else. I
personally think they're an abomination, and their riders are among the
least courteous of anyone on the water. At least sailboaters have the
excuse of the wind to justify their ineptitude.