Don W

Default Bilge cleaner

Hi Rosy,

Rosalie B. wrote:

You shouldn't pump emulsified oil overboard and that's what soap will
do to it. We've got an oil water separator that we use to be sure
that no oil goes overboard.

Where did you get your oil/water separator? I
need to get one for the new boat to make sure I
don't accidentally get one of those $5000 fines
the warning posters talk about.

When we shock the tanks, the water that is drained from the tanks
afterwards goes into the bilge and is then pumped overboard. It
cleans up all the mold and mildew in the waterlines and in the bilge
too. It isn't clean enough to eat food that drops into there, but I
don't know why you'd want to do that anyway.

That seems like a decent idea.

Don W.