Tony Thomas

Default Water in the Bilge

He is only correct from the point of a small amount of water can be found
based on any number of reasons from swimming, splashover, rain, etc....
However, if non of these are the reason and you ever have enough water for
the bilge to pump out - there is a problem.
The dealer has no way of finding the leak unless he is at the water.
Best you can do is to put the boat in the water and find the leak yourself.
Then depending on where it is, fix yourself or have the dealer fix once you
tell him where it is.

--
Tony
my boats at http://t.thomas.home.mchsi.com

"Ernie" wrote in message
news
A few days ago I posted a message regarding water in my bilge's new 2003
Trophy and all who responded were unanimous in agreeing that was not

normal
and should be traced to the source so it could be remedied. Here is what
Ken Naff, the Regional Service Manager for Trophy boats said and I quote:

"With regard to water in the bilge, it is not uncommon and there will

likely
be some residual such as you experience. If the water is in sufficient
quantity the bilge pump will pump it out. Please be advised when the pump
shuts off any water left in the hose runs back into the bilge."

How many of you agree with this explanation?