Peggie Hall

Default Question for Peggie Hall

Capt Frank Hopkins wrote:

I have a Formula 26PC with a vac-u-flush. The problem(s) is, the
holding tanks crack and leak on the rear bottom seam. I am on my
third holding tank in 2 years. The tanks are standard TODD units. I
am wondering if I need a special "heavy duty" tank to handle the
"kawoosh" of the vacuum flush?

Todd tanks are pretty flimsy, but the toilet isn't the source of your
problem....'cuz the V/Flush "kawoosh" doesn't go any further than the
vacuum pump, which then pushes the waste the rest of the way to the tank
as it pulls the air of the system between the bowl and the tank. So a
V/Flush puts no more pressure on the holding tank than any other toilet.

Here's what I suspect: If your Formula is a "go fast" model, a
thin-walled tank can't take the kind of pounding that everything in your
boat takes when you run for extended periods at WOT...you're literally
beating the tank to death. So not only do I agree that you need a
thicker walled tank, but that you also need to examine how the tank is
secured and provide some shock absorption/cushioning for it.

Also, my waste pump needs an overhaul. Any suggestions for a place to
buy spare parts? Our local dealer no longer handles vacuflush systems
or parts.

Waste pump? Do you mean the vacuum pump for the toilet...or the
overboard discharge pump to dump the tank? Also explain
"overhaul"--just new duckbill valves, or more serious work?

Peggie
Peggie Hall
Other Sources of Aggravation and Odor"
http://www.seaworthy.com/html/get_ri...oat_odors.html