Bob

Default Licensing alternative

Steve Thrasher wrote:

Dave wrote:

Nonsense. Unless you happen to be a government bureaucrat, chances that the
interests of government employees align with your own are about zip.

If you don't like the rules that the "government bureaucrat" is trying
to enforce...FIRE the SOB that YOU elected as your Senator and/or
Representative at whatever level. They're the ones who passed the
DAMNED LAW! Ask yourself when was the last time one of them rescinded a
law.

Hello Steve:

I agree with you 100% !

I agree also that it is very difficult to get a change but it is not
impossible. Just vote the SOB out and make it clear that we butter
her/his bread. The only problem I see is that there are lots of
politicians that listen more closely to their Special Interest $
donors. But hey, just vote the smuck out.

For example, in Oregon we have a US senator who goes around talking to
people. I was sitting in a room with about 50-60 other people along
with our Dem. Senator. Last month. Got to ask two questions and get to
know the guy. It wasn't one of thoes cheesey managed "town hall
meetings" by invation only media gigs. It was the real thing.

I'll vote for him again. Why, his voting record mirrors MY idea of how
Oregon should operate.
That is how government is suppose to work!

Oh an to Dave's remarks below:

Nonsense. Unless you happen to be a government bureaucrat, chances that the
interests of government employees align with your own are about zip.

YES I was a bureaucrat. The worst kind: a volunteer bureaucrat. And
even more hoarrible............I was one of the SOBs who help teach the
mandatory "boat driver license course" in Oregon!!!!

Why? Because I wanted to make sure those idiot PWC guys didn't get a
chance to take the program over! Oh, I mean, "...to make our state's
waters a safer and more enjoyable place for all...."

(Hey Steve, what kind of flamming do you think I'll get for that
remark?)

Bureaucrat Bob