rob

Default Truecharge20+ battery charger ? Thanks to all who responded

Thanks, I got the manual now and it strongly implies they are charged
independently. It may not but at least they claim it does. They do make
it clear that all batteries must be the same chemistry/type which can be
selected. So I may give it a try.

aptim wrote:
Try this web site http://www.xantrex.com/web/id/462/docserve.asp its copy
of the manual. Go to page A-2 that's the electrical specifications page.
That should answer your question.

Tim

"rob" wrote in message

I'm still using my crippled-up Guest charger (probably the most
incompetently designed piece of equipment I've ever seen) and finally
realized that while it has 3 outputs, they are not independent. Apparently
it senses on one battery and charges all 3 accordingly.

So, since the Guest doesn't work correctly on even a single battery, I'm
looking for another. I see a modestly priced Truecharge20+ at
www.majorpower.com. It has 3 outputs but that's all they say in their
literature. No mention at all that they are independent. I suspicion there
are simply 3 output terminals, perhaps diode isolated, but sensing on only
one line.

I tried a lot to get majorpower's attention to answer my simple question
but cannot get past a clerk which finally acknowledged my question and
sent me to a worthless url. I doubt anyone there even knows.

Does anyone know whether this (or perhaps another) charger can actually
charge 3 batteries independently? 20 amps is plenty of current for my use.
Thanks.

Subtract IV if using email.