Default replacing forward cockpit drain hose, valves, ranger 26

Hi, a few questions for those of you In The Know,

1971 Ranger 26 (Gary Mull). Cockpit drains forward to two drain hoses
that go straight
to through-hulls.

Required: install ball valves or seacocks (as there are none now, and
insurance blah blah
blah) and replace hose.

Can anyone walk me through the process? I'm assuming the through
hulls are bronze and threaded internally, looks to be about 1 1/2" hose
with double hose clamps at the hull connection. (I'll be verifying the
through hull threading this weekend).

So -

- new clamps - 304 enough, or 316 SS? freshwater use exclusively.

- what kind of hose is recommended? clear plastic w/ reinforce
mesh?

- ball valve or seacock? everyone's using ball valves these days
but West
Marine says no no use seacock

- what kind of valve? bronze ok assuming through hull is bronze?
straight
threading or just match the through hull threading?

(is there any chance it's brass? i'm guessing no but not sure..
probably
would have corroded by now?)

- teflon tape sealant on the threading? or something else?

Anything else I'm missing here (yeah I have some spruce plugs
standing by)?

Thanks very much for any comments, advice or procedures. I'm pretty
new to this area and this is a fairly critical thing to be messing
around with.

-Colin