posted to rec.boats.electronics
Bruce Gordon

Default eqpt wiring query

In article ,
"Lynn Coffelt" wrote:

There are blocks available that are FUSE blocks, not just screw
terminals. Fuse them at 1.5X their peak load current, right off each
nameplate.

I can't help but add here, please, please, look for fuse blocks that
don't use rivets to attach the fuse holding spring clips. Those rivet WILL
loosen in time when the cheap fiberboard or plastic block body shrinks.
Those of you who have chased intermittent radar, vhf or other operation
know just what of which I speak.
It's not easy, but you've just got to find the ones in which the fuse
spring clip is part of the wire terminal.
I know Bruce and Larry both know exactly what I'm talking about.
Old Chief Lynn

Yep, Been there..... Seen that..... Hunted for the cause......Swore
mightly, when I found the problem..... Fixed that......

A good Flow Silver Solder Job usually takes care of that for at least
one lifetime....but one could actually replace that stuff with real
Power Distribution Terminal Blocks``````.

Bruce in alaska

--
Bruce (semiretired powderman & exFCC Field Inspector for Southeastern Alaska)
add a 2 before @