Rosalie B.

Default bahamas questions

"just me" wrote:

Plan to cross to the Bahamas next week. Any recommendations for preferred
charts and guides?

Also, I'm going to rent a sat phone. How does globalstar work there or is
Irridium better?

I plan to check in at the West End and then head for the Abacos and work
down to Long Island.

Last I heard, Old Bahama Bay marina at West End had not recovered from
Wilma. Also I've heard that the shoals etc have been moved around so
much that the charts are no longer adequate. The Explorer charts are
the best ones to have. I like Matt Wilson's Bahamas Guide and also
Steve P.'s guide to the Exumas - I'm assuming his guide to the Abacos
is also good.

grandma Rosalie