posted to rec.boats.racing.power
43V

Default hello

as a' new' racer. last year was my first full year of racing. being
able to learn so much about the history of the sport (at BRF) it has
been wonderfull . on top of that people are a little 'looser' with go
faster tips there than anywhere else i have found on the net.

Those are a blast. I used to race 20 mod hydro and two-man runabout-
what a
gas!

but nothing can compare i am sure, to the awsome power of a turbine
powered boat. are they kinda like a turbine bike ? where it starts out
kinda soft then just keeps pushing harder and harder?do those gear
reducers have a clutch? if so are they cone? or are you under power as
soon as you start up?
you mentioned reworking the ex. so it pointed up . how much downward
force does that apply to the boat it has to be some doesnt it? or is
the majority of the energy applied to the vanes of the turbine as it
proggress thu the engine? if so do they have alot more vanes than say a
comparable hp thrusting engine (poor choice of terminology i am sure).
doesnt a turbine helocopter got some of its foward thrust fom the
output of the ex?