Calif Bill

Default bondo repair question

Do not know if Bondo is good for your repair. But to work Bondo, use a rasp
/ micro plane type shaping tool, while the Bondo is still semi soft. After
it first hardens, it is easy to work. Later it gets to the point of needing
a grinder and sander, but will be the consistency of Cheddar cheese for
awhile.

"RB" wrote in message
I've got a couple of corners on my fiberglass CC boat transom that have

been
smacked around during docking or something. Both corners are skinned.

I need to make a repair with compound contours. What's the best way to

get
a smooth surface with bondo so it minimizes shaping with a rotary file or
grinder? Does working it with a wet wood paddle minimize cling and stick
and give me a reasonably smooth surface to work on?