posted to rec.boats.electronics
Larry

Default Installing GPS Antenna on both Raymarine Chartplotters

"b393capt" wrote in
oups.com:

My understanding is the one at the helm would work perfectly without a
second GPS. Somehow, there is a redundant bone in my body crying out to
install a 2nd gps antenna in case the 1st gps or E-80 craps out ....
but then if that was the case, I could pull out my garmin handhelld.

All well and good.....as long as there is only ONE GPS and ONE compass
sensor/fluxgate hooked to it all at a time....the other DISCONNECTED.

Wanna see it go crazy? Hook up the Raymarine Compass Sensor and the Smart
Heading Sensor to the Seatalk bus. What a hoot! The damned boat nearly
rotates on the display every time one of them reports because the compasses
are all pointing in different directions, instantaneously...(c;