Roger Long

Default Jib sheet options - Now, the picture.

I think a lot depends on whether you are actually using the knot to
take the jib sheets on and off either for headsail changes or stowage.

With a roller jib, you stretch it, soak it, bake it, stretch it, soak
it, and bake it again. After a season or two of that, about the only
thing that's going to get any knot undone is a hacksaw.

It's a real toss up at this point between the spliced eyes and the
sunsail hitch. Wanting to try the parallel core eye splice is the
real balance tipper.

--

Roger Long

"Jeff" wrote in message
news
Garland Gray II wrote:
Sounds like you have already discarded the idea of a stunsail
hitch, but were you to use it on a jibsheet, you'd probably have to
cut it off.

I've never had one I couldn't untie, though a few have fought back a
bit.