Brian Lawrence

Default Lectra/San vs Purasan

OK I have settled on the PuraSan. Thanks for your advise.

Now if you will, another question. Currently my holding tanks
discharges thru a macerator and then overboard through the thru hull.
The thru hull is a 1" but everything I see in the Raritan literature
suggest that a 1 1/2" thru hull is required. Since the head to
PuraSan is 1" can I use 1" to the thru hull or do I have to up size
the current 1" to 1 1/2" ?

On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 20:59:16 GMT, Peggie Hall
wrote:

Brian D. Lawrence wrote:

I am looking for opinions. I sail normally in fresh water. About 4
or 5 weeks each year I am in brackish water. Once every 2 or 3 year I
am in salt water for 8 to 10 weeks.

I have been advised that the Raritan Purasan is a better choice for me
than the Lectra/San.

You got good advice. The PuraSan was designed for use in fresh water and
for use with toilets that use onboard pressurized flush water, but works
equally well when used with sea water.

You do need to keep an eye on the 14" line from the chlorine cartridge,
and clean it out periodically to prevent buildup of chlorine crystals
and sea water minerals. If you do that, you should have no problems with
the PuraSan in any waters, salt or fresh. The only people who do have
problems with it are those who don't maintain that line.