Roger Long

Default How Long ???

"Wayne.B" wrote

You really don't have a lot of recourse other than suing ....

Sheesh! No wonder people like me have to give up flying, doctors have
to give up practicing medicine, we're all paying through the nose for
insurance.

For cripes sake! Buying a boat is something you as an adult take
responsibility for. Everything that may go wrong isn't someone else's
fault.

The survey report is just a guide to your judgement to be backed up
and utilized with all the other information available. You ultimately
are captain of the process. The surveyor is like an aid to
navigation. It's still your responsibility to see that the boat gets
where it's going without running aground even if the buoy drifted out
of position, the channel was located on the chart from a 1890 datum,
the channel shoaled, the third mate forgot to fill the day tank, the
compass wasn't adjusted properly, etc, etc.

I can't believe that people who profess to be ready to go out and be
masters of vessels are filling this newsgroup with this whining.

(Wayne, I know you probably actually agree with this but I'm just
taking you wording as a soapbox to jump up on.)

--

Roger Long