RichG

Default prop guard?

I've seen pix of them. I can't believe ( as Bill says) that you could save
any fuel with that much extra gear in the water all of the time. If I was in
a Manatee zone or something...and idling all of the time....maybe it would
have a use. We hear here all of the time about people having in-efficient
fuel running just because they have the motor and its own anti-cavitation
plate an inch or two too far down in the water. Putting that device all the
way in would seem to be much worse on fuel economy.

If you want better planing, consider either tabs or a hydro-foil. They say
the tabs save fuel and the hydro-foil uses a little bit more than presently.
The use of a Hydrofoil has moved my boats up onto plane a lot faster.

regards,
--
RichG
http://groups.msn.com/CarolinaSkiffOwners