Roger Long

Default How Long ???

Hypothetical? Give us a break. Few of us were born yesterday.

Screw the deck core problems and go look at this 1981 Endeavor 32
Listing ID 38308-1494712

St. Augustine Yacht Sales

Phone 904-829-1589

I don't know squat about this boat or this broker or this boat but, if
my boat yard called up and said my boat burned up last night, I'd be
on the plane tomorrow with the insurance check in my hand to look at
this one. That's the judgement of a lifetime with boats and a year of
sailing and refitting ours.

These boats are all solid glass with a minimum of construction
features that can lead to repairs requiring major disassembly. They
have very sensibly designed interiors that stay light, airy, and well
ventilated. There is lots of wood. Much of the construction
detailing give the impression that they were built by hobbits (close
neat fits but almost nothing is straight) but it gives them a certain
charm often lacking in glass boats.

Shoal draft, a good turn of speed in cruising terms, wonderful
handling characteristics, great cockpit, comfortable and reassuring
motion. You can find a boat that does almost anything better but few
that sum it all together as well. They are almost always priced below
comparable boats.

Our boat was listed at the same price as this one and we got it for 15
K.

--

Roger Long

"Thomas Wentworth" wrote in message
Dave ,,, here is an example of a problem that I haven't read about
here...

Hypothetical story;

Buyer finds boat ,, boat is looking pretty good. Buyer and Seller
come to terms on price, subject to survey.

The survey turns up deck problems. Say, some of the deck core is
rotten and the deck will need repair. Then, refinish I suppose.

The Buyer decides to look around for a repair .. so that he/she can
factor in the repair cost and ask the Seller to work with him/her to
get the repair done and the deal done.

One problem.. the boatyards are so expensive that their repair will
kill the deal. What does the Buyer do now?

The Buyer can't go through with the deal even though he/she wants to
buy the boat. Does the Buyer approach the Seller and say "find a
repair guy or the deals's off" ? I suppose that would be the case.

I guess what I am asking is: What happens if the repair isn't that
complicated but there isn't any affordable repair people in the
area?

===
"Dave" wrote in message
On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 16:59:41 GMT, "Thomas Wentworth"

said:

Duh? I don't see the average boat owner walking out on a purchase
because
the fire extinguisher isn't working just right ...

Skip the "Duh" crap, Thomas. It betrays your own limitations, not
mine.

That was precisely my point. However, depending on what part of the
country
you live in you may find a lot of potential buyers who feel they
have to try
and haggle the last dime on the price. That kind of buyer tries to
take
quite literally Wayne's "issues that you did not know about at the
time of
your offer." The back of my hand to such a buyer.