Bill Kiene

Default prop guard?

We tried prop guards and they slowed us down too much and so I don't see any
way they can save fuel? they should use more?

Who know?

PS: to save fuel I always go down stream and with my ball cap on backwards.

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA, USA

Web site: www.kiene.com

"George Rogers" wrote in message

I'm interested in getting one of the "ducted" prop guards for increased

fuel
efficiency and earlier planing and was curious if anyone has any

experience
with these. I'll be using it on a 19' bowrider with a 210hp Mercruiser

I/O.
One concern was an increased risk to the outdrive tilt mechanism if you

hit
something with the guard, rather than just damaging the prop without it.
Don't know if that's a valid concern or not. Any experiences would be
greatly appreciated.