Peggie Hall

Default Lectra/San vs Purasan

Brian D. Lawrence wrote:

I am looking for opinions. I sail normally in fresh water. About 4
or 5 weeks each year I am in brackish water. Once every 2 or 3 year I
am in salt water for 8 to 10 weeks.

I have been advised that the Raritan Purasan is a better choice for me
than the Lectra/San.

You got good advice. The PuraSan was designed for use in fresh water and
for use with toilets that use onboard pressurized flush water, but works
equally well when used with sea water.

You do need to keep an eye on the 14" line from the chlorine cartridge,
and clean it out periodically to prevent buildup of chlorine crystals
and sea water minerals. If you do that, you should have no problems with
the PuraSan in any waters, salt or fresh. The only people who do have
problems with it are those who don't maintain that line.

--
Peggie