posted to rec.boats.electronics
Jack Erbes

Default Objective of NMEA

luc wrote:

Meindert,

thanks again for clarifying lots. I'm learning here, and getting a
good laugh at the same time. It sounds like what I want to do is not
only doable, but relatively easy. What is the software side of this?
So far, instruments are communicating, but then when you connect to a
laptop, then what does one need to read this stuff? Chart plotter
style software?

what a great way to learn,

thanks,

Luc

Here is a place that will answer a lot of questions:

http://gpsinformation.net/

Check out the 3rd party software link there to find a number navigation
and GPS related softwares. For marine navigation, Seaclear II is a
great piece of freewa

http://www.sping.com/seaclear/

Jack

--
Jack Erbes in Ellsworth, Maine, USA - jackerbes at adelphia dot net
(also receiving email at jacker at midmaine.com)