posted to rec.boats.electronics
Meindert Sprang

Default Charging batteries simultaneously with both solar and wind

"Len" wrote in message

With a 1000 Ah Bank, with batt charge status say at 60%, voltage in
bulk stage is 14,4, current from the wind genny is say 15 amps. In
that case I'd' like the additional 12 amps from my solar panels to
help doing the job I put them up for, but the regulator keeps them
form doing so.

Hi Len (I'll answer your e-mail later),
I don't think that the voltage is 14.4 at 60% charge. The 14.4V is the point
where the bulk charge should stop. But during the bulk stage, the voltage
slowly rises from whatever value to 14.4V while the current is say 15A.
during that period, the current from the solar panels could contribute but
the moment the voltage reaches 14.4V you're at about 80% charge and the
system should change to equalize stage with a voltage of 13.8V.

Meindert