Jeff

Default Desperate Troll

Roger Long wrote:
My dreams for the future now revolve around that trip to Nova Scotia,
around Newfoundland and over to Labrador in a few years. High mist
shrouded cliffs and unspoiled wildness appeal to me much more than the
heat and over development of the southern lands.

Has anybody else here been up that way?

I've never been, but my long time cruising buddies went in '99 and I
posted their pics on my site:
http://www.sv-loki.com/Moonshadow/moonshadow.html

They liked it so much they went back in '04 and, to extend the
normally short season, they wintered over there, in Burgeo!

Here's their cruising site, with lots of pics:
http://www.sv-moonshadow.com/liveaboard/mnshdw.htm

I worked out a rough plan for cruising Newfoundland that involves
going to Bras d'Or Lakes one summer, then over to Newfoundland the
next, then returning south the third year, possible by way of Lake
Champlain. Even though we'd be flying back and forth a lot, I figure
it would actually cost nothing because we'd save a huge amount on slip
and storage fees. The only complication is that Canada would consider
the boat an import unless we can claim "necessary repairs." However,
since our boat was built in Canada, that might not be a problem.

My wife is as yet unconvinced.