posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG

Default Lessons of a tragedy....Roller furlers suck

Yeah, I do like the system... I guess it's just the idea of having to put
holes in every new main you get. Has to be custom done for each situation
right? Also, what's the effort like if you have to remove the sail from the
boat? I don't like the standard Lazy Jacks that much because they tend to
interfere with the sails going up sometimes. They do make the more
complicated setup that moves the LJs while the sail goes up and down, but
that yet another level of complexity.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Bart Senior" .@. wrote in message ...
Small holes, with reinforcing patches. The monofilament is
pretty thin stuff. It is certainly not something worth complaining
about compared to other systems with bigger hassles.

"Capt. JG" wrote
The only bummer about the Dutchman system is that you have to put holes
in your sail.

"Bart Senior" .@. wrote
My choice is a Dutchman System, with a good track system
--which gives you all the benefits of sail shaping, as well as easy
hoisting and lowering, and the benefit of keeping the sail where
you want it.