Jack Redington

Default Johnny Morris buys Crownline

Boots wrote:
Back in the '50 & '60's there was a boat built in Ill. by
Crownlin. Is this boat any part of them?? They were very
good boats by the way.
wrote in message
ups.com...

Jack Redington wrote:

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:

On Sat, 04 Feb 2006 00:08:52 GMT, Jack Redington
wrote:

You heard it hear first. The BassPro Shop king has

purchased Crownline

Boats. Should be announced in a week or two.

curious - i wonder why? its not like he needs to expand

his boating

line into another area.

Good question:

There is a Bass Pro shop just down the road from where I

live in N.

Atlanta. One guy told me they would only be selling the

larger Crownline

boats. Where they are going to put them I have no idea.

Ubless they are

going to get rid of some of the Tahoe's..

Another guys said they will not be selling that at that

location. I

wonder how this effects existing franchises. There is a

dealer not all

that far away.

Capt Jack R..

Capt Jack R..

Damned parking lot in front is already half taken up by
Tahoes and
pontoon boats!

Hehehe Yea - that is what I thought too shortwave. :-)

To answer "Boots" question - I don't think that are connected directly
at least. Crownline is out of West Frankfort IL. but I think their first
year of production was 1992. When we purchased out first Crownline they
were a new and fairly unknown company just building their reputation.

Capt Jack R..