K. Smith

Default ETEC Performance Info

Billgran wrote:
"K. Smith" wrote in message

The "claim" was a Contender 31

"cruising" at 35 mph on between 8 & 11 gph!!!! NO mention of per engine if
that was the claim then right there is the admission it was a deliberate
deceptive lie by a NG BS'ter!!!

A knowledgeable boat person would know that the claim was per engine,
without it having to be explained.

A 35 ft boat at under 8200lbs??? is heavy???? Don't buy one with your own
money:-)

Where did you get 8200 lbs.????

I guess you did not add up the weight of the 33' HydraSport of 8680# (not
8200) plus three 520+ # motors, all the rigging, 6 type 31 batteries, 2100#
of fuel, 520# of people and gear, etc. A rough calculation would be around
13,300 pounds. Over 6.5 tons of vessel, gear, and people, that's a fairly
heavy load to push thru the water with a deep V hull and still get 1.3 miles
per gallon.

NO I was trying to be charitable & even worked it at 14000Lbs just for
the sake of comparison. Was trying to let him admit it as a "mistake" if
he wanted to. Personally I think it was a lie out & out. I don't think
he even owns E-Tecs I think he posted the Ficht on the little Ranger,
which in the context was a real try at deception, not that he can rival
you of course:-) Take his claim in concert with the 34% less than last
year claim & the 7000lbs more but "SAME" gph ?? No no runaway william
he's trying to get brownie points with the local charter operator who
does own the E-Tecs. He didn't take to opportunity to correct so...........

After some of the personal abuse I've copped from you over the years I'm
not much fussed by you now claiming Marquis of Queensbury rules.

Like you he felt he'd got away with another E-Tec deception. It's called
natural justice Runaway, he was given plenty of notice & opportunity to
set his claim right & chose not to, sobeit.

Well gee runaway you come along with even more bogus figures that more
than double his fuel usage claim then say all is now well??? No all is
not well, it was deceptive BS & just like you he needs to be called on it.

By the way have you noticed how gutless the E-Tec 250 is even when it's
still running??? that B&WE independent test torque number is of real
concern. Hows this sound to help you sell more?? you refund peoples'
money back down to the HP you actually give them??? I know as a matter
of law you don't need to, but hey you're the marketer.