posted to rec.boats.electronics
Len

Default Do you want the AIS-support in Ozi to include collision-course-alarm ?

On 23 Feb 2006 05:23:27 -0800, "b393capt"
wrote:

An alarm set to a CPA distance might be fine in the open ocean ... but
some fine tuning would make it also useful in a bay or close quarters
(when there are many other many boats within 1 nm), to alarm when the
danger is very real, rather then someone just being in my proximity

I was just thinking about the demishing disciplineon passages in quiet
area's to uphold 20-30 minute watches. But IMO you make a valuable
addition. I hope you will send an email to Des Newman with these
examples and explaining the functionality.

Regards, Len.