posted to rec.boats.electronics
Larry

Default Is Bombardier selling the Evinrude line off ?

"Alan" wrote in :

Hi Larry, I don't own one yet but was thinking of getting one of the
75 Hp outboards. I am was deciding between the Merc or Evenrude. What
problems are they having with the Ficht's I wasn't aware of any? The
boat show is this week were I am now so it is getting down to crunch
time. Alan

Oh, Nay, let me count the ways....
http://my.boatus.com/consumer/200225hpFichtFires.asp
http://my.boatus.com/consumer/OMCBankruptcy.asp
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articl..._4/ai_61555469
http://www.epinions.com/content_22455488132
http://www.epinions.com/boat-Motors-...splay_~reviews
smooth over the first two enamored owners and read owner 3's computer
problem....
http://continuouswave.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/005165.html

Of course, Optimax is also crap, too:
http://www.theboatingnews.com/0501_mercur_pulls.htm

http://www.boatsetup.com/PlgIndex.pdf
Do you REALLY want to own an engine where if you don't install the spark
plugs in just the right way, it blasts the heads off them 20 miles from
the trailer "up the creek", so to speak?

One guy I found was told he needed a new computer for his Ficht, over
$4000! That ALONE makes Ficht a no-buy to me. The damned computer NASA
uses on interplanetary space launches is the only "computer" that costs
more! $4000 for a fuel injection computer? Is it made of solid
Palladium?