Rod McInnis

Default Outboard Performance Accessories

"Lawrence James" wrote in message
ink.net...
There is stuff for outboards. There is some things you should think about
too. Outboards are not engineered with a great deal of extra strength in
the interest of limiting the weight. With any engine increasing the

output
is usally a trade off in longevity.

A lot of the outboard motors, especially in the smaller horsepower ranges,
will have two motors with different horsepower ratings but all other
specifications for the motor are the same. For example, a Mercury Bigfoot
outboard: both have 60.6 cu inch displacement and they both weigh 264
pounds. I have to believe the difference between the two is something that
you could change without impacting the longevity of the outboard.

I have a Nissan 9.9 Hp motor, that is identical to the 15 Hp model. After a
little research I found that the difference between the motors is a little
cam plate that is part of the throttle mechanism. The two motors are
identical except the 9.9 simply doesn't open the throttle all the way.

Rod