krj

Default Perkins 4-108 Shop/Repair Manual

Glenn A. Heslop wrote:
Would you please let me know where you got it. Can't seem to find it
anywhere.

Glenn.

"News f2s" wrote in message

There's an A4 sized manual (19cm x 29 cm, give or take an inch)
which goes the full monte.

Check the Sabre website - have a google - It's a bit late and the
wife is calling . . .

JimB

"Glenn A. Heslop" wrote in
message newscMHf.484513$2k.247575@pd7tw1no...

Hmmm....the manual is now 350 miles from me with the boat. It's
got a blue
cover & 1/2 page sized. I'm sure it's not a complete
manual...but does
cover bleeding fuel system etc. It's so small that the pictures
are not so
easy to see. Maybe the actual full shop manual would be better.
I guess
I'd been thinking it'd be like cars...the after-market manuals
are better.

Comments?

Glenn.

"krj" wrote in message

Glenn A. Heslop wrote:

My Gulfstar 41' has a Perkins 4-108. I do have a manual for
it...as
prepared by Perkins. Because shop manuals by the
manufacturer are

commonly

(in my limited experience) small & lacking in detail.
Because nothing

goes

wrong in port, with a marine mechanic anchored nearby, I am
looking for
something like a, "Perkins 4-108 Repair for Dummies". Lots
of detailed
description, photos and diagrams.

I trust this doesn't make me look like a dummy...;-)! Even
so, this

dummy

things that not being prepared will eventually make one look
like a real
dummy.

I look forward to all your helpful assistance.

Glenn.

Glenn,
Do you have a Perkins Operators manual or the Perkins shop
manual. The
Perkins shop manual that I have has complete
disassembly/assembly
instructions with photos. Cost $75.00
krj

I just drove a few blocks over to my Perkins shop and got one from Mark.
It's the Perkins Workshop Manual. $75.00
Mark Malo
Complete Yacht Service, Inc.
200 S.W. 33 Street
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33315