Calif Bill

Default Death by Danish...

wrote in message
oups.com...

Interesting. I thought that I had heard somewhere, sometime, perhaps
when I was in CA, that Kasper's had been out of business for years.

Wife's family left Richmond and moved to Pleasant Hill just prior to
high school. She went to College Park High in Pleasant Hill. When I was
there we lived in Martinez. I didn't have a boat, so I did a lot of
fishing off of the pier there. I've seen people catch sturgeon right
there, but I never had the pleasure.

I used to fish the pier also. Was easy to go over for a couple of hours
when I lived in the Pleasant Hill area. Was on jury duty one time, county
court house is just up the street. We walked over to the pier during lunch.
No body catching anything. Little old lady, maybe 75 years old shows up and
tosses out a baited hook. 3 minutes at most, and she reels in a nice starry
flounder. Maybe 3#. Baits up again and tosses out the line. 1 minute
later, she has on a legal striped bass. Lands it. Nobody else on the pier
has had a bite. She packs up and leaves with the 2 fish. Maybe 10 minutes
total fishing time.