posted to rec.boats.building
TennisShoes

Default New Found Metals will sue me if I tell my

"Bob" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi T-Shoes:

This is an email Carli of NFM sent regarding their refund policy.

"Dear Chris,
We do not accept returns on special orders, but for you we are making
an exception. Even though we are making an exception on the no return
policy we are charging a restocking fee the total credit you will
receive is $463.92. The ports seal and function properly. "

After read the aboe email from NFM I looked at the numbers.

Total cost of 2 ports $602.65
Refund from NFM $463.92
Total out of pocket for me to get a refund $138.73 or 23% of purchase
to restock.
I am out $138.73 and still need ports.
Chris

WOW. What a rip!

I'm questioning the 'static water test'. Take a heavy swell up side the hull
(against that portlight) and that is certainly way more than 'static
pressure'.

You didn't by chance pay with a credit card? If yes, document the defect,
ship them back (online delivery confirmation) and tell your credit card to
do a chargeback for defective items.