Default Why Optimax is not true DFI

K. Smith wrote:
wrote:
you
claimed you couldn't find any failed E-Tecs so in 2 minutes I rustled up
pages of them for you, but you just ignored them. Same story with Matt
he claims to want to know but then .............. doesn't.

the pages you showed didnt convince me there are problems with ETec ..
the one claiming that several blew up at a tournament didnt have much
credibility to me ..

I have no idea about who's credible & which isn't but I do know the
dealers endlessly post spruiking falsehoods & have no credibility at all.

Well .. it was a post by someone that so many ETecs had blown up ...
the way it was presented on that BB and nowhere else mentioned did not
seem credible to me ...

As for Tom have you watched him??? hows his claims now??? if he is full
of it on the fuel what else is the same?? If you are a real boater have
a look at his hours usage claims??? they are way out there given the
time he spends on this NG with his football & camera stroies & other
sundry boring OT posts. Given we know how long it took to actually get
the engines he claimns are his he must be leaving them idling in the
slip??? everything he says is suss I say.

I agree .. Tom's fuel use claims do seem to need some recalculating ...
The only useable fuel use data is gph over mph and gph over rpm ..
thats how i present mine ...

The other smaller issues I beleive but its nothing related to the 2DFI
technology ...

Matt you have been dealer convinced that E-Tec "has" a track record
because that's how the dealers have been told to sell sell sell, but
they don't!!! They were taking orders & not delivering in quantities
till your last season, so give it time & the lean detonation will get
them again. All their "fixes" are for the symptoms none even admit much
less address the real issue.

ETecs had issues with the transition period, cold weahter and oil not
flowing from the reservoir ... those are things that can be addressed
.... The real issue is if there is a systematic fault in the design
which will lead to Kabooms

So far the Etec does seem to be holding up ... that doesnt mean the
fuel use claims are holding up to the expectations ... they really dont
seem to and there are some facts to substantiate that. Facts for
kabooms are still missing

I have linked several sites to failures in the past but as you know the
sites got humpy, assuming you can't read???? after all they don't want
to upset the dealers:-)

There were I believe 2 links to kabooms .. one did not seem credible to
me which leaves one report of a kaboom which is not good but does not
prove a design issue.

On another note ... how many kaboomed 4 strokes do we see? And how many
kaboomed conv. 2 strokes do we see? I wonder how different the
numbers are .. Have we heard of a Honda kaboom ? Or yamaha 4 stroke
kaboom?

As sad as it sounds but we will have to accept a certain (small!)
percentage of kabooms with any motor .. a concern would be if a
particular motor or design has significantly more failures ..

A different question I would like to raise are the Verado ... what do
we think of it? It is a little heavy and for my taste to overloaded
with gadgetry like drive by wire, intercoolers and cherger ... these
are components that are just waiting to cause trouble ...

I agree with you that the 2DFI is complicated to design and has the
potential for issues. The big question remains if that is under
control .

Matt