Mark Conklin

Default Problems replacing main halyard - advice?

Can you drill it and put screws (stainless of course) in from the outside of
the mast? I would silicone it too or you'll end up with water in the mast.

MC

"Vic" wrote in message
om...
I have an older Coronado 15, and what I'm actually having trouble
replacing is the piece with the pulleys (I wish I knew what it is
called) at the very top of the mast through which the halyard runs. I
purchased a new one from Catalina, and while the old one friction-fit
nice and snug, the new one slides in and out v. easily. I need it to
fit tighter or it'll fall out, either on the freeway or should I ever
capsize and (for whatever reason) lose tension on the main halyard. I
could bang the mast with a mallet until it fits better (doesn't seem
wise), or wrap tape around it (doesn't seem long-term suitable) or
smush a bunch of silicone in there or... ??