NOYB

Default Nobby Prediction!!!

On Mon, 6 Feb 2006 13:36:10 -0800, jps wrote:

Sadly, for me, none of your predictions came true.

jps

NOYB
Jan 22, 6:15 pm
Newsgroups: rec.boats
From: "NOYB"
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 02:15:52 GMT
Subject: Any of you east coast

"jps" wrote in message

pinheads who think football isn't played west of the Mississippi want to
comment on the Seahawks-Panthers game or have you all gone to bed?

Nobby sez:

The only two somewhat sure-things coming out of that game:

1) Seattle will win
2) It will be the lowest-rated championship game in NFL history.

SO,

Wrong on both counts Nobby boy...

um....no?

http://medialifemagazine.com/artman/...ticle_2695.asp

--------------

The game, in which the Steelers defeated the Seahawks 21-10 to take
their fifth-ever NFL title, averaged a 42.1 overnight household
rating, according to Nielsen. That's down 3 percent versus a 43.4 for
last year's Super Bowl between the Philadelphia Eagles and New England
Patriots, which also remained somewhat close until the end.

--------

That settled into a final rating of 41.1, down from the previous
year's 41.4 on CBS. Overall, Super Bowl ratings have hovered between a
40.4 and a 41.4 the past five yeas, with overnight ratings slightly
higher.

whoops... :)

Not only was he wrong about the ratings for the Super Bowl, he was wrong
about which game I was even talking about.

When I said lowest-rated championship game in NFL history, I was talking
about the championship game between Seattle and Carolina. If I was talking
about the Super Bowl, I'd have said "Super Bowl".