posted to alt.sailing.asa
NotPony

Default New Stuff

Like I said . . .
S.

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
: So, you're stealing the radio from the bank, and
: that's okay?
: S.
:
:
: Steve, you don't know much about anything, do
you? The bank repo's the
: boat if there's a note not paid. In some cases
the bank pays us off and
: takes the boat for their own sale. But in most
cases we buy the boat
: for a tiny amount and the bank has no further
interest. I then
: inventory the boat, remove gear that we can make
additional money on
: and keep a third of the profits or take it in
gear for myself. When the
: boat is above a certain value, we don't touch
it. The bank sends a rep
: and they do their own inventory. The thief who
"owned" it before has no
: rights as he's screwed the bank and the yard in
most cases. It's a
: great deal for me. My boat gets a lot of toys, I
help support my great
: club and I pay no yard fees and am comped on all
work.
: Quite recently we repo'd a Hunter 36 and that
boat's gear sold for
: almost as much as the boat itself. A perk for my
hard work is that I
: can grab an occasional tid bit for myself.
Something big like a radar
: comes out of my 33%. Repo's are sad, I agree,
but this is not the most
: common course. In most cases we have owners who
simply walk away from
: boats. The boat are of minimal value and a
serious problem to get rid
: of. I'll be selling off a LOT of boats on Craigs
list that are of this
: variety. The gear I sell on ebay or at a yard
sale we hold twice a
: season via member mail.
:
: RB