posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Default New Stuff

Yesterday we repo'd a small powerboat and I had to strip it out for
sale. Usually with these boats we remove premium gear (rarely found)
and other stuff prior to sale.
On board, still new in the box was a Quantum VHF from Standard Horizon.
NICE radio. I think I'll use it instead of the Uniden Oceanus on the
35s5. I plan to redo the entire electronics panel anyway, so this,
along with the new stereo and Sirius radio is a good start.
The Oceanus looks new and will be on ebay shortly along with a windlass
and more sails tonight. The guy who won the spinnaker decided he wanted
a .75, which I sold him, so the .50 is back on ebay tonight. I also
have a mint .75 from a J35 that's labeled "UK Fat Cat" if anyone's
interested. I also have 3 genoas, but have yet to evaluate them.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

You repo the guy's boat AND steal his personal stuff?

The guy stopped making payments to his bank and stiffed the yard for
6800 dollars. He changed his # and never answered any letters. Not only
did he lose his "stuff" on board, but he'll get sued for being the
thief that he is.
The order of events are simple. Fail to make good on something you're
paying off and the bank will repo it, and in the case of a boat they
lose in most cases. You have no rights to the gear on board when you
steal in this manner, even if you just bought or installed it.
It doesn't suprise me that you'd defend a thieving scumbag who's part
of the reason some folks have to pay higher interest rates.

RB
35s5....a boat that's paid for.
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
NotPony

So, you're stealing the radio from the bank, and
that's okay?
S.

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ups.com...
: You repo the guy's boat AND steal his personal
stuff?
:
:
:
[...]

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

So, you're stealing the radio from the bank, and
that's okay?
S.

Steve, you don't know much about anything, do you? The bank repo's the
boat if there's a note not paid. In some cases the bank pays us off and
takes the boat for their own sale. But in most cases we buy the boat
for a tiny amount and the bank has no further interest. I then
inventory the boat, remove gear that we can make additional money on
and keep a third of the profits or take it in gear for myself. When the
boat is above a certain value, we don't touch it. The bank sends a rep
and they do their own inventory. The thief who "owned" it before has no
rights as he's screwed the bank and the yard in most cases. It's a
great deal for me. My boat gets a lot of toys, I help support my great
club and I pay no yard fees and am comped on all work.
Quite recently we repo'd a Hunter 36 and that boat's gear sold for
almost as much as the boat itself. A perk for my hard work is that I
can grab an occasional tid bit for myself. Something big like a radar
comes out of my 33%. Repo's are sad, I agree, but this is not the most
common course. In most cases we have owners who simply walk away from
boats. The boat are of minimal value and a serious problem to get rid
of. I'll be selling off a LOT of boats on Craigs list that are of this
variety. The gear I sell on ebay or at a yard sale we hold twice a
season via member mail.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

Cue the music.... theme song from 'Sanford & Son'.

--
"Swab Rob" wrote ...
[...]

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

That's what low life scum sucking scavengers do.

"jlrogers" wrote in message
om...
You repo the guy's boat AND steal his personal stuff?

"Swab Rob" wrote Yesterday we repo'd a
[...]

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

That's what low life scum sucking scavengers do.

Makes ya mad, doesn't it, Scotty? A lowlife like you has certainly been
visited by the repo man more than once. Yet you still think something
is yours even when you don't make payments. Amazing. You're a drag on
society, your wife and anything you touch. What a failure you are.

RB
35s5-PAID for!
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

"Swab Rob" wrote
That's what low life scum sucking scavengers do.

Makes ya mad, doesn't it, Scotty?

No, why would I be mad just because you're a low life scum
sucking scavenger?

Yet you still think something
is yours even when you don't make payments.

payments? I have no payments.

SV