posted to rec.boats.paddle

Default Kevlar canoe - minor bow repair

Either way you may want to seal up that hole to the kevlar befor water
gets in there and freezes. That will cause expantion and more of the
laminates will start to shed or flake off.
Kevlar bow strips are available. I think I would get some of that stuff
if you are going to immitate a Coast Guard ice breaker.
I feel your pain. I used ny NDK kayak to take rock samples from a local
cliff face Jan 1 and have the same work to do but a little more of it.
Mine leaks..... Yuk.
You know its only the likes us us that have this problem. In most
circles when you talk about an ice breaker , or breaking the ice it is
normally done with.... " You hair is quite beautifull, the highlights
set off your eyes," sunsiquent cost a glass of wine, perhaps a bottle
if things go well......

Extended cost's Three kids one headed to university next year, three ,
no four people wanting to take the car, and extended bunch of inlaws.
ARRG!!!
Oh, I have a son who likes to paddle.... Thank God!