Tony Thomas

Default transom support question

Mounting another roller is the easiest way. Otherwise, if it will reach the
roller that is already there - you could just lower it enough for the
transom saver to fit over it and under the boat. This roller is more for
instead of support - which is provided by the bunks.

As for what the other post said about not needing one - he obviously does
not have a large engine on a bass boat. The stress from the engine
bouncing up and down is tremendous and will cause stress cracks in almost
all transoms.

--
Tony
my boats at http://t.thomas.home.mchsi.com

"Cowboy67" wrote in message
Yeah, I have the U shape transom saver. I have a back roller, but the boat
is sitting on it. Do I need to mount another on the very end of the

trailer?

Thanks again!

Jim

"Tony Thomas" wrote in message
Depends on the style of transom saver you purchased. Some have U shape

on
the trailer end and are designed to slide over the back roller on the
trailer. If this is what you have, you can get a roller and mount at

the
rear.
Others are just a square open pole on the trailer end and are designed

fit over a square plug. In this case you can make a piece out of two 90
degree brackets from the local Lowes or whatever. Mount in the correct
location and drill a hole thru the the transom saver to pin it over the
brackets.

--
Tony
my boats at http://t.thomas.home.mchsi.com

"Cowboy67" wrote in message
Hello all,

Quick question regarding transoms. I bought my first transom support

not
knowing what to look for. When I got it home, I noticed there was no
support or way to hook it up on my boat trailer. There are two holes

there
like something might have been mounted there. I went to the bass pro

shop
yesterday and the guy behind the counter said that I needed a peg? He

said
that he did not have any in stock. Is this peg easy to find or make?

He
said
it was a roller? If that is the case, looks like I could make this

with
2
pieces of angle iron?

Any help would be appreciated! You'd think 6 years in the Navy would

give
me
the knowledge (LOL). but we didn't have transoms. Just Poop decks!

(LOL)

Thanks in advance!

Jim

cowboySIXSEVENATcasscommDOTcom