Tony Thomas

Default Outboard vs. Inboard

That is absolutely correct. However, it is not as trivial as he makes it
sound. To drain the block, you have to remove the drain plugs on the bottom
of the block and on the bottom of the exhaust manifold. Then you have to
pull the water pump hose on the front of the engine in order to get the
water out of the hose. Then you really need to pour some antifreeze thru
the hose until it runs out the block (use the environmental friendly stuff).
Not too hard but a pain if you want to use it on a nice day in March when
you know it is going to freeze again before May. W/ outboard, you do
nothing but lower the engine once you park it. And you have to do that on
the I/O as well.

--
Tony
My boats and autos - http://t.thomas.home.mchsi.com

"HugYourPug" wrote in message
When I talked to the boat dealer, he said that all I would have to do to
winterize the boat with an I/O is put in fuel stabilizer and drain the

water.
He also suggested that occasional salt water use would be ok with

sufficient
rinsing. Is this reasonable?