posted to rec.boats.electronics
Larry

Default Multiple Inverters

"b393capt" wrote in
oups.com:

I am concerned that the ground between the devices won't be a the same
voltage, and I will cause a current to run through the ground wire, and
damage equipment. I am hoping I am wrong, and there will be no issue.

That's possible, I suppose, but the big problem will be "ground loops" in
the audio and video. We even get ground loops at home hooked to the same
power company. The inverter results will be much worse. Instead of this
damnable hum you can't seem to get rid of even though there are battery
cable-sized ground wires hooking everything together on the AC line
powered stereo, yours will be a sharper buzzing sound that will just
drive you crazy. With more than one inverter, there's bound to be two,
or more, buzzing noises. The hum in the picture is horizontal areas of
light and dark that crawl up or down the screen, depending on how far
your inverter is off frequency from the TV scan freq.

Just go get the right inverter and quit trying to screw up the system.

Are you sure you have enough batteries to power something that needs more
than one inverter?!